Retirement Planning for Connecticut
Public School Teachers
Connecticut public school teachers have different investment options at their boards of education, a complicated pension system, Social Security offsets and a Medigap plan developed specifically for teachers and their families. At Reed Financial Planning Services, we have focused our Financial Planning efforts on working with CT public school teachers and their families for over 15 years. We understand how the various intricacies of their Connecticut Teachers Retirement System and other topics impact their planning. In addition to all of the services listed under the general financial Planning section of our website, below are ways that we can add value to teachers and their families.
Investments and the Connecticut Teachers Pension
- Board of Education 403(b) and 457 plans and the role they plan in the household planning.
- The Connecticut Teachers Retirement System
- Buying back time; eligibility, process and funding options
- Plan N, C & D; calculations, comparisons and survivorship options
- Filing for retirement; timing, process and forms
- The State of CT Additional Annuity; calculations, benefits and considerations, funding options.
- Post retirement re-employment
- Estate planning strategies and the survivorship benefits of the CT Teachers Retirement System; calculations, considerations and settlement processes
- Investment analysis, portfolio review and retirement income planning
- Ongoing investment and portfolio management
* Insurance products, annuities and retirement plan funding issued by (third party administrative services may also be provided by) Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company, One Orange Way, Windsor, CT 06095-4774. Securities are distributed by Voya Financial Partners LLC (member SIPC). All companies are members of the Voya® family of companies. Securities may also be distributed through other broker-dealers with which Voya has selling agreements. Insurance obligations are the responsibility of each individual company. Product and services may not be available in all states
Social Security & Medicare
- Windfall Elimination Provision and the Government Pension Offset; calculations, eligibility, and enrollment process.
- Medigap Plans: Eligibility, costs, and the enrollment process.
Financial Planning for Teachers
All of the above-mentioned items play an important role in a teacher's planning. We are able to apply our experience in these topics when discussing, implementing, and monitoring a client's long-term retirement plan.
We have an electronic intake process and are currently using Zoom to conduct our planning meetings.
If you would like to schedule your planning meeting, click on the link below and one of our advisors will call you to discuss your situation and how we may be able to help you and your family.