Savvy Social Security Workshop
Saturday, February 8th, 2020
9:00 to 10:00 am
111 FOUNDERS PLAZA | EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108
Taking an hour our of your day to learn how to maximize a source of life-long income is time well spent!
This workshop provides attendees with a much better understanding of how to get the most of our their social security benefits. After attending the workshop, attendees will have learned about;
- How social security benefits are calculated
- How and when you can claim your social security benefit
- Understanding your full retirement age
- The impact of claiming early
- The benefits of deferring your benefit
- Claiming strategies for married couples, divorcees and widows
- Understanding survivorship benefits and how that may impact your initial claiming strategy.
- How continued work can impact your social security benefits
- Income offsets rules for those who work after they have begun claiming
- The Windfall Elimination Provision and Government Offset
- Taxation of your social security benefit
Make planning for your retirement a priority!
*Neither Voya Financial Advisors nor its representatives offer tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax and legal advisors regarding your individual situation.