Savvy Social Security Workshop
Saturday, November 9th, 2019
9:00 am to 10:00 am
111 Founders Plaza | East Hartford, CT 06108
Do you have questions about social security? We've got answers! This informative workshop addresses the following questions;
- Will social security be there for me once I retire?
- How is my social security benefit calculated?
- Does it benefit me to keep working?
- When can I claim social security?
- What are the penalties for claiming early or the benefits of delaying?
- How do spousal benefits work? Can I claim my spouse's benefit?
- What about rules for divorcees or widows?
- What will happen if I predecease my spouse? Can they collect my social security?
- How is social security income taxed?*
- What are the rules about working after I start collecting my social security?
- What is the Windfall Elimination Provision and Government Pension Offset
- How do I incorporate my social security income into my overall retirement income planning?