Planning for Retiree Health Insurance and Medicare
Saturday, February 15th, 2020
11:00 pm TO 12:00 PM
111 Founders Plaza, East Hartford, CT 06108
This is NOT a Medicare sales presentation. This is an educational workshop for pre-retirees who want to learn more about health insurance options, important deadlines and how to plan for the cost of health insurance in retirement. A large amount of the presentation is spent on understanding Medicare, it's parts, supplemental coverage and their costs. We will also touch upon the things that Medicare does not cover, such as long-term care and ways to plan for this.
Attendees will hear answers to the following questions:
- What are my health insurance options if I retire before I'm eligible for Medicare?
- When exactly am I eligible for Medicare?
- What are the different parts of Medicare and what do they cover?
- What doesn't Medicare cover?
- How do I enroll?
- What deadlines do I need to be aware of?
- What are the penalties for late enrollment and have to I avoid them?
- What are the costs associated with Medicare?
- What if I retire but my spouse is still working? What options do I have?
- How do I pay for my Medicare premiums?
- When do I need to stop contributing to my HSA Plan?
- What could make my premiums go up?
- How does Medicare work with Social Security?
- What about Medigap and Medicare Advantage Plans?
- What's the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?
- Does Medicare pay for long-term care?
- What are some ways I can protect my assets and loved ones from the cost of my care as I age?