Planning for Retiree Health Insurance and Medicare
Thursday, November 7th, 2019
6:00 pm TO 7:00 PM
111 Founders Plaza, East Hartford, CT 06108
This is NOT a Medicare sales presentation. This is an educational workshop for pre-retirees who want to learn more about health insurance options and costs in retirement. A large amount of the presentation is spent on understanding Medicare, it's parts, supplemental coverage and their costs.
Attendees will hear answers to the following questions:
- What are my health insurance options if I retire before I'm eligible for Medicare?
- When exactly am I eligible for Medicare?
- What are the different parts of Medicare and what do they cover?
- What doesn't Medicare cover?
- How do I enroll?
- What deadlines do I need to be aware of?
- What are the penalties for late enrollment and have to I avoid them?
- What are the costs associated with Medicare?
- What if I retire but my spouse is still working? What options do I have?
- How do I pay for my Medicare premiums?
- When do I need to stop contributing to my HSA Plan?
- What could make my premiums go up?
- How does Medicare work with Social Security?
- What about Medigap and Medicare Advantage Plans?
- What's the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?
- Does Medicare pay for long-term care?
- What are some ways I can protect my assets and loved ones from the cost of my care as I age?