Planning for Aging in Retirement, Long-Term Care and Estate Planning
Saturday, February 8th, 2020
11:00 am TO 12:30 PM
111 Founders Plaza, East Hartford, CT 06108
Presented by: Scott Reed, AIF®, CEP®, RICP® and
Betsy Reed, RN, CLTC®
This is an often overlooked part of retirement planning. Many people prefer to avoid discussions about aging, needing care and passing away. However it's a fact of life and avoiding the discussion doesn't make the problem disappear. This workshop helps attendees plan for aging in retirement and discusses ways to protect themselves, their assets and their loved ones.
Taking an hour out of your day to learn about ways to plan for aging in retirement can be an enlightening and empowering exercise.
Attendees will hear answers to these important questions:
- What does Medicare cover?
- What are the spend down rules in Connecticut?
- How much of my income and assets would need to go towards my care?
- What is long-term care insurance?
- How much does long-term care insurance cost?
- What are some new long-term care insurance options available today?
- What are some other ways I can protect myself and my loved ones if I need care?
- What are some other things I should consider as I plan for aging in retirement?
- What are some things I can to do ensure my assets transition smoothly when I pass away?
- What are some pros and cons of moving some of my investments into trust?
- How are my investments taxed when I pass away?
Scott is an independent, fee-fee based financial adviser with over 15 years of experience. He focuses on working with people ages 50 and older to help them plan for retirement, aging in retirement and with their estate planning strategies. Betsy is an Independent Insurance Agent with over 21 years of experience as a registered nurse and has earned the designation of Certified in Long-Term Care (CLTC®). She is a member of the American Association of Long-Term Care Insurance and is certified to sell long-term care insurance approved by the Connecticut Partnership for Long-Term Care. She leverages her medical knowledge with her specialized training to assist you with your long-term care planning needs.
*Betsy Reed is a Non-Registered Associated Person with Voya Financial Advisors. Reed Insurance Agency, LLC is not a subsidiary of nor controlled by Voya Financial Advisors.
**Neither Voya Financial Advisors nor its representatives offer tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax and legal advisors regarding your individual situation.