CT Teachers' Retirement Workshop
Wednesday, October 30th, 2019
6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
111 FOUNDERS PLAZA | EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108
With a unique pension system, special health insurance considerations and complications with Social Security, it's no wonder that Connecticut public school teachers are confused when it comes to planning for retirement.
There are other workshops available fro the local unions. They are extremely informative, however they don't cover the information within the context of a financial planning discussion.
In this seminar, we will outline the retirement planning process and provide attendees with the steps they can take to prepare for, enter into and enjoy their retirement. We will have an in depth discussion about the CT Teachers Retirement Board (TRB), retiree health insurance options for teachers and other teacher-specific topics. You will leave this seminar with a much better understanding of the steps a teacher can take as they plan their retirement.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Outlining your retirement dates and spending needs
- Health Insurance options for CT public school teachers and their spouses
- Calculating your TRB pension
- Purchasing time into the TRB
- Plan N, C, and D
- Supplemental and Voluntary account options
- Post retirement employment
- Social Security and the TRB
- Medicare options for teachers
- Investment strategies for the transition into retirement
- Planning for care as you age
- Estate planning considerations*