Retirement Income Planning
Retirement income planning is the coordination, ongoing review, and management of the various types of income a client receives or will receive in retirement. This is a highly individualized and complex process that should start well before retirement and continues on after the retiree’s death to help pass along their hard-earned assets to the people or places they wanted. Included in this process is the ongoing oversight and management of your investments. Here are some things we help our clients address and plan for:
- When can you retire?
- When should you begin claiming your social security?
- If married, divorced or widowed, how does this impact your social security claiming options?
- If you have a pension, when should you begin claiming and what payment option should you elect.
- If you have investments, which investments should you draw from first and why.
- How much can you draw from them and how should your various accounts be invested?
- How do you plan for minimum required distributions?
- How can you position your different kinds of investment accounts to plan for incapacity or legacy planning?
- How do you monitor all of these moving parts as you age?